Monday, November 29, 2010

First timer



When I was in third or fourth grade, my teacher had us study Japan, specifically Mt. Fuji comes to mind. We had to take recycled glass bottles and make our version of cherry blossom trees using pink wadded up tissue and twigs. I remember taking this task very seriously and painted a little picture of Mt. Fuji on my bottle and carefully glued my little flowers on the twigs and Voila! For some reason I have always wanted to try this again. So...here is my latest attempt with glue gun, awesome paper from Michael's and some branches.  Fun to do... could make a unique gift. I want to call these branches 'Bot-bots' (short for Botanical bottles). Who knows if I will create more twigs; these busy days, I am feeling good if I can even day dream about doing a project. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea and story! You are so creative. The bot-bots look wonderful. I can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Hillary! Welcome to blogging. I love it and imagine you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipee. Thanks for the support sweet people. I still have blog nerves and many, many questions about design layout and stuff. You mande me feel even more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so proud of you, Hilly for starting this! Nothing like jumpin' right in. LOVE the bot bots...nice to see the finished product. And the name of your blog...so perfect. I actually see "heart handcraft". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a surprise! Wonderful. You are going in the direction you were always meant to!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. i found you via genine. welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete