Sunday, January 23, 2011

winter green



*all photos taken by me :) unless otherwise noted
Not to seem crabby, (even though my astrological sign is Cancer) but I usually find it extremely hard to feel 'sunny' in Winter. I get inspired for a few hours here and there, like when the house is clean, or when Hart is making me laugh hysterically and sweetly...but overall, I am a creature of Spring and Summer. Give me color or give me sleep! So this year I am honing my skills towards loving what is winter. I must admit, the hidden gem that I have found this Winter is time. I have more quiet pockets of time because I am not out chasing the day for yard sales, social events or daily hikes. Instead I find myself curling up with the early darkness and letting myself feel its natural limitations. We are supposed to slow down and feel the inward hush; or at least feel more cozy.  I feel lucky to have finally found this piece of the puzzle. Winter beauty. Winter quiet. Winter green.

3 comments:

  1. I like the color and light of these displays of Winter. I also like the cleaner look of your page. Happy to know you are finding time to follow your dreams.
    LU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you've been hiding your talent for writing! Love this post--describes my sentiments about winter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words. I absolutely love to share these thoughts and pictures with you. Blogging gives me a sense of purpose and easy joy.

    ReplyDelete