Thursday, February 17, 2011

x, y, z & ordinary things


Today I just felt like posting something light and breezy, so here is a row of paper flags from my ever growing paper scrap collection. I simply cut out triangles with fancy edged scissors and folded them over the twine with a little glue.  When I walk in my art room I see little miniature kites in a cornflower blue sky.

I also felt like writing a list of 'loves' in celebration of Valentine's week... 

I LOVE:

  • when the huge Carolina moon lingers over the hazy indigo mountain tops
  • the wondrous amount of love that circulates through my life 
  • the moment when the perfect paint color reveals itself
  • the stunning acoustic guitar music in the world
  • looking forward to a long awaited trip to the ruins in Mexico
  • the day after a great yoga class
  • a simple walk home with a friend
  • when you know you have helped soothe someone with your words
  • quietude, grace and gratefulness
  • the beauty in ordinary things

5 comments:

  1. Lovely. Your words paint beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dearly for the comments sweet people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper flags against your cornflower sky.... Your words are lovely, too.

    xoox,
    -maria

    ReplyDelete