Saturday, April 16, 2011

i'ts a spring thing...



  Lately, I cannot seem to stop myself from grabbing Hart's camera and wildly snapping away at all the new things popping up in my yard. They are a total and complete surprise because I did not actually plant them.



 As the story goes...the seller who sold me this house was a whimsical and wacky landscaper who seemed to throw seeds up in the air and wait to see what happened next. Of course, this is me coloring the story with a sweetness that was not part of the buying and closing process. The seller and I...let's just say we don't speak.



 However, I feel a strong nurturing urge to pay homage to his green thumb even if only in a blog he will never see. At least I can forgive him in prose and pictures...and believe me I do think forgiveness is the order of this day as I watch the sun blazing on my unbelievable red Japanese maples in the yard.




 I am lucky. I work to pay the bills, yes, and I have an amazing support system which includes my sister sweetly leaving strawberry plants on my porch, But I am blessed with an abundance of good soil, and happy plants and trees of which I am simply a humble onlooker. The magic in my yard moves me especially because I hardly know how to turn on the lawn mower, much less to make a ginkgo tree grow and prosper.



so I thank you, Mr. Gardner, and the sun, moon and stars for granting me the time and space to enjoy my tiny patch of Earth on loan. Who knew watching grapes grow could fill my heart with song and an utter longing to be free and wild just like the child I still am.    
Happy Magnificent Earth day!

No comments:

Post a Comment