Friday, January 6, 2012

inspired

*little iron boxes that hold beloved books

*a little word goes a long way

* sunlight on treasures from friends

*shadow box I made

*letter press card is from Origami Ink in Asheville


 felt like sharing....it has been a while but I found some time to post. Holidays were quieter than usual and it gave me time to set up my art table in the basement. This Christmas Hart bought me a silk screening kit (cheer here) and now I have no excuse not to move forward with my art time. I bought some birch wood and plan on doing some acrylic, mixed media with some silk screened additions. I fondly miss the days of pulling the gushy ink over the large screen and being surprised every time about the joy of printing something I drew. wish me luck on this endeavor because somehow I have to create a light box that mimics the sun so the image can appear...even though I learned this in my twenties, I have really lost touch with the process. 

However it is a new year and I actually feel ready to walk through any doors that help foster my own growth, creative-shaping and well being. I wish the same discovery process to you. Here's to a beautiful and truthful 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment