Monday, July 22, 2013

Life...recently

Recently...Life has moved fast. I married the partner I have always wanted to have. I decorated several weddings back to back with loads of paper flowers, lanterns and more paper flowers...and I expanded my  'HillyTree' booth to a 10ft. x 10ft. size.

...easier said than done. I am learning that slow and steady along with inspired, wins the race...and yet some nights I just come home and want to stare at the walls to decompress from my day job.

I am just starting to learn to weed through my limitations and then respond; like when I really will paint vs. when I just keep putting it on my to do list out in the ether somewhere. Or...how will I save money to start slowly buying some supplies for my future Shop. I am also currently struggling with how to fill the booth with enough merchandise and stand out in a town of incredible artists...how to stay true to the free spirit inside.




The blessing is that I have begun to start clearly hearing my deeper down voice in all of these years of building small stepping stones. I still see the me who used to walk down the streets of Hoboken, NJ with the wind blowing in her hair; She would stop at a coffee shop and take out her pens and sketch images filled with joy and whimsical life force. She is still here. Heart beating in my ear... telling me " you have begun, the dream is forming, you can have your bliss ".

*first picture was taken in Johnson City, TN (not sure of who artist is)
*last picture is piece I found at yard sale (not sure who artist is)

No comments:

Post a Comment