Monday, December 10, 2012

lid love





Last April I had a dream that I was painting all of these paint can lids in beautiful colors and then hanging multiples of them in a formation like an art installation. Some of the pieces had my paintings while some just showed the beauty of the colors that dried on the lids from the paint in the can. Now in this dream, the paint can lids were much larger. So I woke up and jotted this idea down and when I actually saw how small paint can lids are, I was like hmmm. I forgot about it like so many other dreams that pluck my brain ajar for a few moments in the quiet morning.
Then when I noticed that my usual 'hunting and gathering' for the booth was turning up slim pickings  I tested out my painting skills after years of dormancy. Here are the latest that I did. The first one shown is already sold. Yippeee. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment